Tuesday, May 24, 2011

IF I SIT VERY STILL

On my front porch. Close my eyes.....I can actually transport myself back to here!

The only thing that is missing is the ocean smell.

Cindy gave me an award,

you can click on her name, it will take you to her blog and the award....and tell you what I need to do..

First off...thanks Cindy.

Here are seven things about myself (I will try to chose things that you don't know about me)

1. I am all girl, I love frills, jewelry, foo foo...you name it.

2. I am very spoiled...where my husband leaves my sons take up.

3. I have excessive behavior and if I get something in my mind, I won't let up until it is achieved or guilt persues....or the whole cake is all gone (HA!!)

4. I have a tendency to get very attached to people (even if I dont know you)....meaning you.
I am like a lap puppy, very loyal

5. I like to joke around and have fun....and sometimes I laugh at the wrong times and when I am really nervous, I get real goofy.

6. I have a strong desire to be a better person today than I was yesterday. I have my weaknesses and flaws but I truly try to work on them....I know what they are, no need to go into details, some of you wouldn't come back.

7. I have always wanted to live in the same place all my life, same grocery store, same bank, but that has not happened. Just recently I have come to appreciate and enjoy the different places, friends, banks and experiences of life. I am grateful for the opportunities of life and all the experiences that come with it, good or bad.


There you have it, a glimse into this world that I call mine. It would be so hard to chose 15 people for this award. Some of you don't accept awards and that is okay. If you would like this one and are a follower of mine, take it...or at least give us seven things about yourself.

Still working on the contest quilt (that is where the excessive behavior comes in).....won't give up~

11 comments:

Lynette said...

Hi Barb! I know all about laughing at the wrong time! I have a nervous laugh that pops out when it really should not. :/

Scrappy quilter said...

Love the picture...so calming and peaceful. Hugs

quiltsbylee said...

Learning to appreciate all the places you have lived and finding the good in each is how you keep going. As a military brat I have come to see the advantages. You learn to adapt easier than most. You learn to adjust to the different cultures. You are more tolerant of others. You have more compassion. You learn that no matter what life throws at you you can make the best of it. You have made many friends and been blessed by the kindness of many.

I see all of these things in you.

JustCindy said...

I bet you could even hear the ocean. I think I would love living close. I'm so glad you shard 7 things about you.

onlymehere said...

I used to be all frilly and foofie but as the years have gone by I've gotten much more simple. Family calls me the Kmart blue light special bz I just am so low maintenance! I try hard to be a better person to but I'm definitely not perfect. I'm also a very loyal person. Thus, the reason I'm helping my friend with her quilt shop that's opening soon. She's been good to me through the years and I never forget a kindness. I think in real life we'd be friends!

I also wish I could go back to the beach and the ocean. I've only been once about 15 years ago but I loved it and still dream of going back to a beach somewhere/anywhere some day!

Now the true test, to see if blogger will post this comment as I'm having issues lately.

Twisted Quilts said...

You sit still? That would be a first. I live in the town I was born in. I have not always lived here but I have been here this time over 20 years. It is very comforting to know people from your childhood and see them. On the other hand it can be confining.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it must be very strange not living on an island anymore and hearing the ocean waves - I don't mind living in the same place for the last 31 years but we do travel off and on so that most likely helps me.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Kim D. said...

Congrats on the award Barb! I'm going to Hawaii on the 16h of June and I can just smell those ocean breezes. Please tell me your favorite fabric stores in Waikiki, HI if you get a chance. I would love to visit a quilt store or two while I'm there. I'm getting so excited I haven't been over there for about 4 years.

Deanna said...

And I like you better and better!

Pokey said...

You are a real sweetie, Barb. Thanks for the little peek into some that makes you YOU.
:-}pokey

Crispy said...

I miss the ocean too. I feel sad for those that never lived by it. Nothing better than the smell of low tide :0)

It was fun reading new things about you....but I always felt you were a girly girl and very spoiled LOL.

Crispy